Do any of these situations seem familiar?
- Your partner or child is doing something you’re not comfortable with. You wonder what’s happening when you’re not around, and you’re worried that how you’ve been handling it will drive the problem underground or drive them away.
- You want more support or cooperation. Maybe you’ve tried talking to your partner or your child. And maybe things got better for a day or two, but then things slipped back to business as usual. Nothing you’ve tried has made a difference in the long run.
- You don’t know what to do when your partner or child is upset. The things you try don’t seem to help. Or else the other person feels better but you end up feeling worse – like you’ve just had a heavy load dumped on your shoulders.
- You don’t know how to restore peace or resolve conflicts without saying it’s all your fault – when it’s not!
- You feel like the spark has gone out of your relationship with your partner. You believe you still love each other, but you bicker and fight too much, or else you just don’t seem to have much to say to each other any more – except maybe when you’re talking about who’s going to do what when. It feels too much like drudgery and you want your life together to be more fun.
- You’re sick of hearing your kids fight. Sometimes it feels like they can’t be in the same room for more than 5 minutes without a battle breaking out. Maybe you’ve told them over and over again what to do to avoid it, but they don’t listen. You want it to stop.
If any one or more of those sound like your family, I get how painful that is!
That’s why I help people find their way out of these painful situations.
My approach works for:
- Couples of all kinds, traditional and non-traditional, with or without kids, including blended families, adoptive families, and families where there’s an ex in the picture
- Single parents
- People whose partner or ex isn’t willing to participate in this work
- Children: These tools are helpful for all ages, including infants and toddlers, and I work directly with children 8 years and older.
- And the sooner you start using this approach with your children, the faster and more easily they will learn to use it themselves.
My approach will work for you if you have the following values:
- You love your partner and/or children and you want the best for them.
- You know that you also need to take care of yourself and stand up for what you need.Because if you aren’t cared for, you can’t fully care for anyone else, no matter how much you love them.
- It’s really important to you to be able to connect meaningfully with your partner and/or children, even when you are in conflict with them. Because you want a long and satisfying relationship with them.
- You are willing to try something new, and be patient with yourself in the process.
- If you have children:
- You know that you have learned a lot in your life, and you want your children to benefit from that.
- You also recognize that your children are growing up in a world that is different from the one you grew up in, and you are willing to really listen to their point of view.
- You may not agree with them, and you may not be willing to go along with what they want, but you are willing to hear them out.
Want to know more? You can:
- Book a time to talk with me about your unique situation at this link
- And, you may be wondering, can my approach really help you?
Click here to find out what you really need to to resolve conflict – peacefully, effectively and permanently